Aldenham School is just North West of London and is a traditional independent school in the quiet countryside. Over 400 years ago Queen Elizabeth I herself gave permission for the school to be built. The school mixes tradition with modern facilities and provides the benefits of a countryside campus with easy access to central London, which is less than an hour away on public transport.
All the school’s facilities are in a compact, closed campus, so the accommodation, dining room, classrooms and sports facilities are all a short walk from each other.
The London Experience programme offers students the perfect opportunity to experience all that London has to offer; museums, sights, galleries and culture! The programme includes two afternoons and one evening visit into central London per week during which our staff take them sightseeing or to visit important attractions. The programme also offers students staying two weeks or more an optional full day London trip on the Monday.
London Experience Course Overview
Our summer English courses are designed to give students the opportunity to practice their English in a friendly, multicultural environment. Students are actively encouraged to practice their English with students from other nationalities, both in class and outside. We concentrate on raising their confidence and fluency, and bringing out the English they already know, but can’t yet use.
About our courses:
- Five levels from Elementary to Advanced
- All students are tested on arrival to grade their spoken and written English to place them in the class of the correct level
- 15 hours of teaching per week from qualified teachers including project work to allow them to use their English creatively and learn more about British culture and history
- A certificate on completion of their course
- Full activity programme including 4 afternoon activities and 6 evening activities
- Two afternoons and one evening into London
- One full day excursion to more prominent towns and cities further away
- For students staying two weeks or more, a full day trip on Monday into London to sightsee other areas not previously explored
Half day excursions may include: London City Cruise, London Science Museum, London Aquarium, Victoria Albert Museum, British Museum
Full day excursions may include: Oxford, Warwick Castle, Cambridge, Brighton
Optional excursions may include: London Zoo, Madame Tussauds, London Eye, London Theatre visit, Ripley’s Believe it or Not
Sample Activity Programme
|Highlights:||Easy access to Central London. London Experience Programme|
|Location:||Elstree, near London|
|Closest Airports:||Heathrow, Luton and Stansted|
|Services Included:||24 hour Welfare and Student Support, WIFI and small laundry service|
|Staff to Student Ratio:||1:8|
|School Size:||110 students per week|
|Full board accommodation is included as standard|
London Experience Programme: 2 afternoons and an evening per week & one full day every 2 weeks in the heart of London; sightseeing tours, shopping trips & visits to London’s famous museums. This is in addition to one full day trip per week to places outside of London.